- 1 pound spicy Italian ground sausage - or mild for less spicy option
- 1 white onion - diced
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 4-5 red potatoes - cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 teaspoons salt - or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 5 strips bacon or 5 Tbsp bacon bits
- grated parmesan cheese for topping - optional
- In a large pot saute sausage 5-6 minutes until browned. Use a slotted spoon to transfer sausage to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pot, add butter and saute onions over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic and saute for another minute until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth, water, potatoes, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes are tender. Stir in kale, and heavy cream. Add sausage. Taste and add salt and pepper and Italian Seasoning. Serve garnished with grated parmesan cheese if desired.
This recipe has been kid tested and family approved! Some children even say it's better than Olive Garden.
For an exclusive segment on Nutrition during pregnancy, check us out on our website, Birth Made Mindful and our exclusive Birth Made Mindful Course.